Meg's Smoothie Recipe:
(Makes 1-2 Servings)
What you will need:
1 cup frozen fruit
(preferably a berry blend - blueberries/strawberries/raspberries/blackberries)
1/2 cup fresh fruit
(strawberries, bananas, and raspberries work well)
1/2 container (3-4 oz.) Frozen Light Yogurt
(in any flavor - Strawberry Banana or Raspberry are my favs)
- NOTE: Just buy normal light flavored yogurt and freeze it yourself -
do NOT use "frozen yogurt"
2 Tblsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup fruit juice
(I recommend cranberry or pomegranite)
1. Slightly thaw the frozen fruit, but make sure it is still partially frozen
2. Slightly thaw the frozen yogurt, if necessary, just enough so that you
can crush it up while still in frozen form.
3. Put all ingredients into a blender
4. Blend until you have a nice, smooth consistency.
5. Pour into a cup and enjoy this healthy treat!
*On the Summit Weight Loss diet, this smoothie counts for only 1 1/2 fruits and 1/2 protein (or milk group)!