Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Three Years

I recently had to write out my professional goals for three years from now for a job I applied for.  It made me take a look at where I would like to be, a little more specific than what I'm used to thinking about.  I normally just say "I want to be in a job I can be passionate about".  Ok, who doesn't want that?  So, I had to get a little more specific than that, and I thought I would share what I wrote with you...

In three years, I would like to be working for an established company in the music industry, with a position that allows me to be involved in creative marketing, event planning and music production.  I want to be able to work with teams of creative people to brainstorm ideas, develop goals and produce results.   My goal is to remain versatile, and to obtain a job that requires skill in music, business and design.  I desire a position that will allow me to collaborate with other music professionals, learn new skills through hands-on experience and work directly with the music and artists who are performing it.  I have a wide range of interests, and hope to be in a position that will allow me to channel these all into the work I do.  Apart from working in the marketing and management side of the music industry, I also want to be active as a songwriter, performer and worship leader.  In addition, I desire to help inspire and educate students and young adults who are interested in pursuing a career in music.  I want to be able to mentor and influence others in a positive way whether that is through my professional job or in my personal life.  As a Christian, my professional aspirations take the backseat to where God leads.  While I have hopes for where I will be in three years and even further down the road, I am trying to surrender those desires to God’s will and His calling.  Above all, my biggest desire is to be in a position where I can use and strengthen the gifts God has given me to ultimately make a positive difference in people’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment